University: Anna University Chennai
Department: Electronics and communication engineering
Subject code: EC2305
Subject name: Transmission lines and wave guides
description : April / May 2011 Question paper.
B.E./B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, April/May 2011
Electronics and Communication engineering
EC2305-Transmission lines and Waveguides
1. For a symmetrical network, define propagation constant and characteristic impedance?
2. What are the disadvantages of m-derived filter?
3. How can distortion be reduced in a transmission line?
4. A transmission line has Z0=745 12degree ohms and is terminated is Zs=100ohms calculate the reflection loss in Db.
5. Express standing wave ratio in terms of a reflection coefficient.
6. Mention the application of quarter wave line.
7. The electric field in free space is given by E=50cos [10+Bx]ay v/m. find the direction of wave propagation constant.
8. Define skin depth.
9. Compare transmission line and wave guide.
10.An air filed resonant cavity with dimension a=5cm, b=4cm, c=10 cm is made of copper find the resonant frequency for lowest order mode.
Attachment Here !!
EC2305 TLW April-MAY 2011.pdf (Size: 244.03 KB / Downloads: 2,012)
The riskiest thing is to take no risks, Move fast and break things.