Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS College Of Technology
Subject Code :EE1402
Subject Name :High Voltage Engineering
Study Material Description :QP
Question Paper Code : 53436
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2014.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE402 / EE 1353 -HIGH VOLTAGE ENGINEERING
(Common to B.E. (Part-Time) Sixth Semester, Regulation 2005)Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A- (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. What are meant by Switching Surges? Mention the approximate magnitude of Switching Surges and their frequency.
2. Why is. a simple spark gap cannot offer full protection against over voltages?
3. Define uniform and non-uniform fields and give example for each.
4. Define the following as applied to high voltage break down
(a) Internal and external insulation
(b) Flash over.
5. How is the wave front and wave tail times controlled in impulse generator circuits?
6. What is a tesla coil?
7. List the factors that are influencing the peak voltage measurement using sphere gap.
8. Draw the simple circuit of peak reading voltmeter and its equivalent circuit.
9. Name the different types of tests conducted on high voltage apparatus.
10. States the reasons for conducting wet tests on high voltage apparatus and give the specifications of the water used for wet tests.
HVE MJ2014.pdf (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 180)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.