Question Paper Code: 53443
B.E./ B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2014.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EI1001 / EI 10121 / EI 1353 A - FIBER OPTICS AND LASER INSTRUMENTS
(Common to Electronics and Instrumentation and Instrumentation and Control Engineering)
(Regulation 2004 / 2007)
Time : Three hours
Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
(a) Meridional ray.
(b) Skew ray.
2. What are permanent and semi permanent splicers? Give examples.
3. What is Mode Field Diameter? Write its significance.
4. What is "Speckle pattern"? .
(a) Population Inversion.
(b) Optical Pumping.
6. What are SLM and MLM lasers?
7. What is meant by laser welding?
8. State the advantages ofusirig Laser in Industry.
9. What are holographic components?
10. What are the requirements oflaser instruments for plastic surgery?
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS College Of Technology
Subject Code : EI1001
Subject Name :Fiber Optics and Laser Instruments
Study Material Description :QP
FOLAI MJ2014.pdf (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 463)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.