University: Anna Universtiy
subject code: EC2401
subject: wireless communication
content: EC2401-wireless communication-important questions-edition 2014
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
EC 2401 WIRELESS COMMUNICATION
Year/Sem : 4
th / 7th
Class/Section : ECE
Answer ALL Questions
PART A 10 × 2=20
1. Differentiate cellular telephony and cordless telephony.
2. What does a WLAN become a personal Area Network?
3. What are three most important effects of small scale multipath propagation?
4. State the operating principle of adhoc network.
5. State the difference between small scale and large scale fading.
6. Distinguish between narrowband and wideband systems.
7. List out any two properties of wideband channel.
8. What is frequency selective fading? How to avoid fading problem?
9. How can we improve the performance of digital modulation under fading channels?
10. What is slotted frequency hopping?
11. Draw the structure of generic optimum receiver.
12. What is fading and Doppler spread?
13. What is diversity?
14. What is equalization?
15. Define coding gain.
16. Mention any four common methods of micro diversity.
17. Discuss the principle of OFDM modulation scheme.
18. Give three important functional blocks of GSM system.
19. State the effects of multipath propagation on CDMA.
20. State the goals of a standard IMT – 2000.
For Part B Questions, Attachment the Attachment.
WC Model.pdf (Size: 34.66 KB / Downloads: 1,186)
mohanavalli, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Nov 2012.