29-10-2014, 08:26 AM
B.E. DEGREE EXAMINATION.
AT 236 — AUTOMOTIVE CHASSISTime : Three hours
Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. Sketch the layout of the power plant and drive line for a 4–wheel drive vehicle and list out its salient features.
2. List out the different types of vehicles frames and sketch a typical ladder type frame.
3. Why an I section at the middle and rounded off square or oval section at the ends are used for the rigid type front axle of commercial vehicles?
4. Define caster and camber. Mention their influence on steering.
5. Derive an equation for true rolling of all the wheels in an Ackerman's type of steering mechanism.
6. What do you mean by Hotch Kiss drive? How the torque reactions and driving thrust are taken care in this drive.
7. List out the different types of final drives, sketch them and mention their salient features?
8. Sketch the layout of a full floating rear axle and list out its salient features.
9. What are the different types of spring system used in the suspension of automobiles? How their spring rate differs?
10. A vehicle traveling at a speed of 80 km/hr. is stopped in a distance of 72 meters after application of brake. Assuming uniform deceleration for the vehicle find out the efficiency of the brakes.
AT2252 AC Model QP.pdf (Size: 65.26 KB / Downloads: 265)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here