29-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Question Paper Code : 50276
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2012.
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 1252 / CS 1253/070230013 - OPERATING SYSTEMS
(Common to Fifth Semester Information Technology)
(Common to B.E. (Part-Time) Third Semester - Computer Science and Engineering,
Regulation 2005)Time : Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. What is an Operating System?
2. List out the information contained by Process Control Block(PCB).
3. What is starvation? How can it be solved?
4. Distinguish between preemptive and non preemptive scheduling.
5. Differentiate frames from pages.
6. What is external fragmentation? How can it be solved?
7. List out the attributes of a file.
8. What is Thrashing?
9. What is rotational latency of Disk?
10. List out the disadvantages of FAT file system.
OS May June 2012.pdf (Size: 363.07 KB / Downloads: 173)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here