31-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Question Paper Code: 51132
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2014.
ME2253 / ME 44 / ME 1253/08012007/10T22 ME 304 - Engineering Materials and Metallurgy
(Common.to Automobile Engineering, Mechanical and Automation Engineering)
(Common to PTME 2253 - Engineering Materials and Metallurgy for BE. (Part-Time) Third Semester - Mechanical Engineering - Regulation 2009)
Time: Three hours
Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. State Gibb's phase rule?
2. State Hume Rothery's rules for formation of substitutional solid solutions.
3. What is quenching? List some of the quenching medium generally used in industries. .
4. What is the significance of TTT diagram in the heat treatment of steel?
5. What are the primary effects of chromium, and copper as alloying elements in
6. What are super alloys?
7. .What .is meant by the term 'unsaturated molecule'? State its significance in plastics.
8. What are sialons? State their application
9. What is the effect .of the grain size on the mechanical properties of the materials'?
10. What is S-N diagram? What is the significance of it?
Engineering materials and metallurgy May2014 QP.pdf (Size: 501.58 KB / Downloads: 3,206)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here