02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Question Paper Code 513991
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2014.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC 2252/EC 42/EC 1252/080290020 - COMMUNICATION THEORY
(Common to PTEC 2252 Communication Theory for B.E. (Part-Time) Third
Semester ECE - Regulation 2009)Time : Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks.
Answer ALL questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. State the differences between single side band and vestigial side band
2. For an AM system, the instantaneous- values of carrier and modulating signal are 60 sin wt and 40 sin wt respectively. Determine the modulation index.
3. Define white noise.
4. If the maximum phase deviation in -a phase modulation system when a modulating signal of 10V is applied is 0.1 radian, determine the value of phase deviation constant.
5. State the Shannon's theorem.
6. State the need for pre-emphasis and de-emphasis circuits m the field of communication.
7. Derive an equation for the modulated signal of an AM system.
8. Why is frequency modulation preferrable for voice transmission?
9. Define noise figure.
10. Define the sensitivity characteristics of a radio receiver.
EC2252 CE May June 2014 QP.pdf (Size: 461.83 KB / Downloads: 1,875)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here