04-11-2014, 10:51 PM
Anna University , Chennai
Department of B.E-Electrical and Electronics Engg
EE2254 Linear Integrated Circuits And Applications
Lecture Notes - All Units
An integrated circuit (IC) is a miniature ,low cost electronic circuit consisting of active and
passive components fabricated together on a single crystal of silicon. The active components are
transistors and diodes and passive components are resistors and capacitors.
Advantages of integrated circuits:
1. Miniaturization and hence increased equipment density.
2. Cost reduction due to batch processing.
3. Increased system reliability due to the elimination of soldered joints.
4. Improved functional performance.
5. Matched devices.
6. Increased operating speeds.
7. Reduction in power consumption
EE2254 LIC Lecture Notes.pdf (Size: 899.75 KB / Downloads: 1,288)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here