05-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Department of Bio-Medical Engineering
Unit Test - 1
Subject: BM2029 BIOMEMS
Date: 24 JAN 2012(8:30AM – 10:00 AM)
Max Marks: 50
Answer all the questions
Part – A (5x2=10marks)
1. "All Transducers can be called as Sensors" - Comment on the statement: Justify your answer?
2. Write any five characteristics of Silicon which makes it suitable for substrate material?
3. Differentiate Surface Micromachining and Bulk Micromachining? (Any four)
4. Write any five applications of Microactuators?
5. What do you mean by Photo resist? What are the different types of photo resist? Give
examples? Compare their properties?
Part – B (40marks)
(Draw Block Diagrams Where ever Necessary)
6. Write short note on LIGA? (8 marks)
7. (a) Write a detailed note on LITHOGRAPHY and explain different types of lithography with suitable figures? (16 Marks)
(b) Write short notes on:
i) Etching and types of etching, etchants, controlling etching (8 Marks)
(ii) Wafer Bonding and its types (8 Marks)
8. (a) Write a detailed note on the methods employed for Thin Film Deposition/Development Process with suitable figures? (16 Marks)
b) Write short notes on:
i) Methods of Impurity Doping (8 Marks)
ii) Compare the properties of Silicon, Silicondioxide, Silicon Carbide, SiliconNitride, Quartz
and Polysilicon. (8 Marks)
BM2029 Unit Test 1.pdf (Size: 203.39 KB / Downloads: 131)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here