Question Paper Code: '91644
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2014.
ME 2253 /ME 44 /ME 1253/080120017/10122 ME 304 - ENGINEERING
(Common to Automobile Engineering, Mechanical and Automation Engineering)
(Common to PTME 2253/10122 ME 304 Engineering Materials and Metallurgy for B.E. (Part-Time) Third Semester - Mechanical Engineering - Regulation 2009/2010)
Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define Eutectoid
2. What is Peritectoid reaction?
3. Define Recystallisation.
4. What isHardenability?
5. What is Twinnin?
6. What is Charpy?
7. What is HSLA?
8. Precipitation Hardening - Define.
9. What is Polymer?
10. What is Fibre reinforced plastics?
PART B (5 x 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) What is Interstitial and explain? Explain in detail about Eutectic reactions.
(b) Draw Iron Carbide diagram and explain.
12. (a) Explain in detail about Spheridizing. What is tempering .of Steel? Explain.
(b) What is CCR? Write .difference between Normalising and Tempering.
13. (a) What is Slip? Explain in detail of Testing of materials under shear loads.
(b) Define Hardness. Explain Fatigue and Creep Tests.
14. (a) (i) What is ~CuproniCkel?Explain its applications.
(ii) Effect of Si on steel=-Discuse.
(b) Write short notes on the following:
(i) Tool steels
(ii) Whlte malleable Iron
(iii) Bearing Alloys.
15. (a) Explain in detail the following:
(b) Write short notes on
(i) Phenol Formaldehydes
(ii) Applications of PMMA and PPO.
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Subject Code :ME2253
Subject Name :ENGINEERING MATERIALS AND METALLURGY
Study Material Description :QP
ME2253 EMM Nov Dec 2014 QP V+.pdf (Size: 291.18 KB / Downloads: 966)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.