Question Paper Code: 916461
B.E. / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2014.
ME 2254 / ME 45/CE 1259/10122 ME 405/080120018 - STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
(Common to Production Engineering and Automobile Engineering)
(Common to PTME 2254/10122 ME 405 - Strength of Materials for B.E. (Part-Time) Third Semester, Mechanical Engineering, Regulation 2009/2010)
Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A- (10 x- 2 = 20 marks)
1. State Hooke's law.
2. . Draw stress strain curve for a ductile material.
3. Derive relationship between bending moment and shear force.
4. What is the section modulus of a hollow circular section?
5. Show that the shear stress distribution over a rectangular section is parabolic.
6. What is torsional rigidity?
7. Draw conjugate beam for a cantilever beam and a double side over hanging beam.
8. Write down the formula for maximum deflection of a cantilever with point load, 'W' at free end.
9. Explain briefly the failure of a thin shell.
10. List any four theories of failure.
Full Name :Arumugam.P
College Name :SNS COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Subject Code :ME2254
Subject Name :STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
Study Material Description :QP
ME2254 SOM Nov Dec 2014 QP V+.pdf (Size: 160.3 KB / Downloads: 1,248)
aaru, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Jan 2013.