Difference between Intel Core2Duo and Intel Core i7 processor

The Intel Core i7 is a completely new architecture which is much faster and more efficient than the Intel Core2Duo.
The main difference between this are
Native Quad Core,More Cache and Hyper Threading
Quick Path Interconnect and On Die Memory Controller

Native Quad Core, More Cache and Hyper Threading:
All the Core i7 Processors are Native Quad Core(4Cores) which means that they actually have 4Cores on single die and two such dies merged together.This increases the processing speed greatly. they also have 256L2 Cache per core and a shared 8MB l3 Cache which has proven to be much better than any cache configuration in Core2Duo.

Quick Path Interconnect and On Die Memory Controller:
The Core i7 processors sport the new Quick Path Interconnect technology which replaces the FSB(Front Side Bus) to connect the various components in a Computer.QPI is much faster than FSB and hence improves the overall performance.It is even faster than AMD's similar Hyper Transport 3.0 standard.
The Intel Core i7 have an On Die Memory Controller which means that it can access memory much faster than the Core2Duo processors which had an external memory controller.
Intel borrowed this feature from AMD!
All the four cores,memory controller,cache are on the same die which improves the speed and performance greatly!!
[Image: jRHNJwz.gif]
Interest-Involvement-Implementation
Share-Learn-Respect-Repute-Thank

Difference between Intel Core2Duo and Intel Core i7 processor