15-06-2012, 09:46 PM
CY2161 - ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY II Important Questions Prepared by valliammai engineering college - Chennai.
1. What is secondary reference electrode? Explain the construction and working of calomel electrodes in detail
2. Explain how demineralisation of water is done in water technology?
3. Derive Nernst equation. Explain the various terms involved and mention its application
4. How is emf of a galvanic cell measured by Poggendorff’s compensation method
5. Explain the principle involved in potentiometric titrations. Write an experimental procedure for carrying out the titration of a precipitation reaction with diagram and give its advantage.
6. What is Ion Selective Electrode? Explain the contruction and working of a Glass electrode With Suitable Diagram
1.State and explain the various factors that influence the rate of corrosion
2.What is electroless plating? Explain in detail about electroless nickel plating
3.Explain in detail about FRP with neat diagram
4.What is electroplating ? What are the main objectives of electroplating. Give an account of the method used in electroplating of gold
5.Explain the important factors which influence the rate of corrosion of a metal
1.Explain differential aeration corrosion? Explain with an example?
2.Describe the Otto- Hoffmann method of coke manufacture and the recovery of various by products.
3.How the flue gas analysis is carried out? Explain with neat diagram.
4.Describe the manufacture of gasoline by Fischer – Tropsch method.
5.How is water gas manufactured . Give the chemical reactions taking place in different zones.
1.What is thermal analysis. Draw the cooling curves of a pure substance and a mixture and discuss in detail.
2.Explain in detail about Lead- Silver eutectic system with phase diagram and explain its application and features.
3.State the phase rule. Explain the term involved in detail with examples.
4.Write a short note on Annealing, Normalizing, Hardening and Tempering
5.Write short note on Bronze
1.Explain in detail about the working of UV-visible spectrometer with a neat diagram and give its application
2.Elaborate the working of IR spectroscopy with neat diagram and mentions its application
3.Explain briefly the principle and instrumentation of flame photometry
4.Derive the expression for the Lambert’s and Beer- Lambert’s Law. State its advantages