28-02-2015, 04:21 PM
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY GUWAHATI
Faculty Recruitment [NEW]
Qualifications, Positions, Pay and Pay Scales:
Recruitment will be at all levels: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor. The recruitment rules of each of the posts are given below.
Retired Professors are also encouraged to apply. They can be placed on a consolidated salary or re-appointed as Professors on contract as per rules.
Areas of Specialization:
Computer Science and Engineering - all specializations, but following areas are specifically required: theoretical computer science, algorithms, database management systems, software engineering, compilers
Electronics and Communication Engineering - all specializations, but following areas are specifically required: digital communications, VLSI, digital circuits, signal processing, devices, control systems
Mathematics - Probability and Statistics, Analysis, Algebra
Pay Example for Assistant Professor
1. Pay Band: `15600 - `37400; Academic Grade Pay: `6000; Seven non-compounded increments will be given. So the starting pay will be 20140 + 6000 = 26140 + allowances (=`66517/-see below).
2. Every July 1, there will be an increment of 3% of the current band pay + academic grade pay. In the first year, this increment will take place only if the joining date is before January 1.
3. Allowances as part of pay: DA - 107% of pay (currently), NE allowance - 12.5% of pay; House Rent Allowance (HRA) - 20% of pay (if not staying in Institute provided accommodation);
4. Other major benefits: Medical support (100% out-patient; with limits, for hospitalization), Leave Travel Concession (as per Govt. rules).
5. Take Home Pay for a fresh PhD without HRA and without transport allowance: (26140*(1+.1.07 +.125)) - tax deduction at source (10%) - Pension contribution (10% of (pay +DA)) - licence fee for accommodation = 61298 - 6130 - 5411 - 250 =`49507.00 (take home income). (minor allowances and professional tax deductions not included - will make no major difference). Transport allowance of ` 2000/- per month has not been included as this will be given only if the Institute does not provide transportation to and from work. Similarly, HRA will not be given if the Institute hires flats (unfurnished) and allots to the faculty and charges a “licence fee” from the employee (about ` 250/- per month).
For More Details :Click Here
kavi, proud to be a member of Vidyarthiplus.com (V+) - Online Students Community since Apr 2013.