25-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Full Name : Jebaprincy Duraimani
College Name : Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli
Department : Civil Engineering
Semester : 06
Subject Code : CE2024 / CE604 / 10111 CEE 14
Subject Name : Remote Sensing Techniques and GIS
Study Material Description : Text Version of Remote Sensing Techniques and GIS April May 2015 Question Paper
Anna University Chennai
Question Paper Code: 71216
B.E. / B.Tech Degree Examination, April May 2015
CE2024 / CE604 / 10111 CEE 14 - Remote Sensing Techniques and GIS
( Regulation 2008 / 2010 )
( Common to 10111 CEE 14 - Remote Sensing Techniques and GIS for B.E. ( Part-Time ) Fifth Semester - Civil Engineering - Regulation 2010 )
Time : Three hours
Maximum : 100 marks
Draw the sketches wherever necessary
Answer ALL questions
PART A - ( 10 x 2 = 20 marks )
1. State Stefan-Boltzman law
2. What are atmospheric windows?
3. Differentiate between sun synchronous satellites and geosynchronous satellistes
4. What is meant by spatial resolution? List out the spatial resolution of a high resolution and low resolution satellite
5. What are the types of data products provided by national remote sensing centre of India?
6. What are orthorectified imageries?
7. Define GIS
8. What are the levels of measurement used in GIS
9. What do you mean by data compression?
10. What are the advantages and limitations of raster and vector data?
PART B - ( 5 x 16 = 80 marks )
11. (a) Describe the components of electromagnetic spectrum with sketch. Add a note on their usefulness in interpreting various earth surface materials.
(b) Explain the energy interaction with atmosphere and earth surface.
12. (a) Describe the payload characteristics and applications of Indian remote sensing satellites.
(b) Explain the characteristics and applications of a thermal and microwave sensors.
13. (a) Describe the elements of visual image interpretation.
(b) Explain various image enhancement and image classification techniques.
14. (a) Explain various types of map projections with sketch
(b) Describe the database concepts used in GIS
15. (a) Describe the GIS data input using digitiser, scanner, automatic and onscreen digitisation.
(b) Describe various analyses possible in GIS with examples.