16-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Work measurement is a technique to establish the time required for a qualified worker to carry out a specified job at a defined level of performance.
Objectives of Work Measurement
1) To determine the time required to complete a job. Also to compare various alternate method and to select the most economical and efficient method.
2) To reduce or to eliminate non productive time
3) To fix the standard time.
4) To develop standard data for future reference
5) To determine the requirement of manpower
6) It helps in estimating the cost.
7) It helps to plan the work load of man and machine
8) It helps to prepare the schedule
9) It provides information for effective production planning and control.
10) It helps to control the cost of production
11) It helps to fix the delivery date to the customer.
What are the various techniques of Work Measurement?
The different techniques used in work measurement are:
1. Stop watch time study
2. Production study
3. Work sampling or ratio delay study
4. Synthesis from standard data
5. Analytical estimating
6. Predetermined motion time system
Stop watch time study:
It is one of the most commonly used work measurement techniques. Here we use a stop watch for measuring the time. The various step involved in the conduct of stop watch time study are:
i. Select the work to be studied
ii. Record all the information about the job, operator and working condition.
iii. Break down the operation in to element
iv. Examine each element
v. Measure using a stop watch, the time taken for each element to get the observed time.
vi. Assess the rating of the operator.
vii. Calculate the basic time
viii. Determine the allowance
ix. Compile the standard time
Equipment's used in step watch time study
The various equipments used in conduct of stop watch time study are:
a) Stop watch
b) Study board
c) Time study sheets
d) Pencils, Calculators, reliable clock with seconds measuring tape, steel rule, micrometer spring balance and tachometer
Work.pdf (Size: 475.28 KB / Downloads: 87)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here