07-10-2015, 08:56 AM
M.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY 2012
PS0574 - POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
(For the candidates admitted from the year 2008-2009 onwards)Time: Three Hours
Max. Marks: 100
Answer All Questions
PART - A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What are the essential requirements of a good distribution system?
2. Define short term and long term forecasting.
3. Name the type of distribution system commonly used for domestic customers.
4. What is the condition for the selection of optimum size of line conductors and distribution transformers?
5. Why conventional power flow algorithm applied to transmission system is not applicable distribution system?
6. What is meant by dispersed generation?
7. List the causes for overvoltage in distribution system.
8. What is the need for feeder reconfiguration III distribution system?
9. The placement of capacitors on LT side is preferred over HT side - why?
10. How is route tracing of cable done?
PS0574-POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS.pdf (Size: 1.48 MB / Downloads: 46)
Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here