08-09-2012, 05:35 PM
DEPARTMENT : MECHANICAL
SEM : 5TH
YEAR : 3RD YR
SUBJECT CODE/NAME : ME2301 THERMAL ENGINEERING
1. Drive and expression for the air standard efficiency of Otto cycle in terms of volume ratio.
2. Drive an expression for the air standard efficiency of Diesel cycle. .
3. Drive an expression for the air standard efficiency of Dual cycle. .
4. Drive the expression for air standard efficiency of Brayton cycle in terms of pressure ratio
5. Explain the working of 4-stroke cycle Diesel engine. Draw the theoretical and actual valve- timing diagram for the engine. explain the reasons for the difference.
1. Explain the 2 types of Ignition system In 5.1 Engine
2. Draw and explain the valve timing diagram of 4 stroke Diesel Engine
3. Draw and explain the port timing diagram of 2stroke Petrol Engine
4. The following data to a particular twin cylinder two stroke diesel engine. Bore 15 cm stroke. 20 cm. speed 400 rpm. Indicated mean effective pressure 4 bar, dead weight on the brake drum 650 N. spring balance reading 25 N Diameter of the brake drum 1 m .Fuel consumption 0.075 kg/min and calorific value of the fuel is 44500 kj/J kg.
1. Indicated Power
2. Brake Power
3. Mechanical efficiency
4. Indicated thermal efficiency
5. Brake thermal efficiency
1. Drive an expression for critical pressure ratio in terms of the index of expansion
2. Explain various type of compounding in Turbine
3. Explain the method of governing in steam turbine
1. Drive an expression for the work done by single stage single acting reciprocating air compressor
2. Drive an expression for the volumetric efficiency of reciprocating air compressors
3. Explain the construction and working of a centrifugal compressor
1. Draw neat sketch of simple vapor compression refrigeration system and explain.
2. Explain with sketch the working principle of aqua Ammonia refrigeration system.
3. Explain with sketch the working principle of water-Lithium bromide refrigeration system.
4. Explain winter, summer, and year round Alc system
5. Explain any four psychometric processes with sketch.
“Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise...”