12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Installing Windows 8 OS from USB is working faster than using DVD.
First we need
1. Windows 8 Setup i.e iso file
2. USB drive more than 4GB
3. You can use Windows 7 or Vista!!
4. Utility to mount iso files
Follow the Steps:
1. Insert the pen drive to your system
2. Click Start button and type cmd and right click it and choose Run as Administrator or press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
3.type DISKPART and hit Enter
4. after this type LIST DISK and press Enter. Mine is 16GB pen drive. it can differ corresponding to your pen drive.
5. Now follow and execute the following commands one by one
SELECT DISK 2
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
in some cases format will take some time and the above commands are showed below
6. Now its time to mount the Windows 8 iso file so for this I suggest to use MagicISO file! Attachment it HERE
7. Now get back to command prompt window and type I:>CD BOOT
here I is my DVD driver letter.
8. Now its the final execution part I:boot>BOOTSECT.EXE/NT60 K:
9. That's it you have created a bootable drive! and now close the cmd!
Navigate to Mounted virtual drive and copy the content to the USB
10. Now boot from BIOS and install the Windows 8.