Hello There, Guest! RegisterLogin with Facebook
Login with Facebook

DERROCHE 2K15 - 7th National level Technical Symposium - Sri Sairam Engineering College
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Junior Engineer Recruitment 2015
TNPSC CCS-I Exam (Group-I Services) Recruitment 2015
Anna University Internal Assessment Schedule for Nov./Dec. 2015 Examinations (UG/PG Odd Semesters)
>>> Anna University Arrear Examinations Nov / Dec - 2015 Starts From 2nd September - 2015 (Tentatively)
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission TNEA 2015 Vacancy Position details for Academic General Counselling
>>> TANCET 2015 Unofficial Ranklist
>>> Anna University Chennai B.E./B.TECH All Semester Syllabus Regulation 2013
>>> Anna University Question Papers : April May June 2015 Question Papers | Nov Dec 2014 and Jan 2015 Question Papers
TANCET 2015 Ranklist

Register or Login to Submit Study Materials , Shoutbox and also to access Many Features !!

Vidyarthiplus Premium Lecture Notes

EE2303 -Transmission and Distribution Important Questions - V+ 2012 Edition

Anna University

EE2303 -Transmission & Distribution

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

V+ 2012 Edition

Subject Code: EE2303
Subject Name : Transmission & Distribution (TnD)
Semester : V
Department : B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Year : 3rd Yr

Part B
1. Explain about FACTS and its controllers with neat diagram.

2. Draw and explain the structure of modern power systems with typical voltage levels.

3. (i) What are the different kinds of DC links? Draw relevant diagrams. (8)
(ii) Compare EHVAC and HVDC transmission (8)

4 Derive an expression for sag calculation in a transmission line
(i) When the supports are at equal heights (8)
(ii) When the supports are at unequal heights(8)

5. Derive the expression for inductance of a 3 phase line with symmetrical & unsymmetrical spacing.

6. Discuss the concept of GMR and GMD in the calculation of transmission line inductance.

7. Derive the expression for inductance of a 3 phase double circuit line for hexagonal spacing and flat vertical spacing with transposition.

8. (i) Explain the various factors affecting corona loss and methods of minimizing them. (8)
(ii) Derive the expression for the voltage induced in cornmunicatioi lines due to current in power
lines. (8)

9. Deduce an expression for the sending end and receiving end power of a line in terms of voltage and ABCD constants. Show that the real power transferi’ed is dependent on the power angle and reactive power transferred is dependent on the voltage drop in the line.

10. Write short notes on i) Shunt compensation ii) Series compensation

11. Draw the phasor diagram and explain the procedure for determining the voltage regulation, transmission efficiency and ABCD constants of medium transmission line using nominal T and pi method.

12. Explain the procedure for determining the voltage regulation, transmission efficiency and ABCD constants of long transmission line using nominal T and pi model.

13. Explain two methods of grading of cables with necessary diagrams.

14. (i) What are different methods to improve string efficiency of an insulator? (8)
(ii) Draw the schematic diagram and explain various types of insulators. (8)

15. (i) Briefly explain about various types of cables used in underground system. (10)
(ii) Describe with the neat sketch, the construction of a 3 core belted type cable. (6)

16. Explain various methods of neutral grounding.

17. Draw the circuit arrangement and explain the various elements of substation schemes.

18. (i) Explain the design principles of substation grounding system. (8)
(ii) Discuss and compare radial and ring main distribution system. What is the role of ¡nterconnectors in distribution system. (8)

New Share your Study Materials with us : Click Here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Important Questions for Integrated Product Development Vidhy Arthi 2 244 12-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Aravindhan Manogaran
  Important Questions for Fly by wire Systems Vidhy Arthi 0 184 12-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Vidhy Arthi
  GE6351-Environmental science And Engineering Nov Dec 2014 Important Question kavi 4 2,505 04-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Aravindhan Manogaran
  GE6251 Basic Civil And Mechanical Engg Nov Dec 2014 Important question kavi 0 894 03-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kavi
  AT6032 Mechanics Of Machines Nov Dec 2014 Important Question kavi 0 1,390 03-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: kavi
  EC2312-Microprocessor and Microcontroller Nov Dec 2014 Important Question V+ Rajee 0 970 03-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Rajee
  EC2304 Microprocessors And Microcontrollers Important Questions - Anand Edition Anandec 1 1,443 30-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Srini
  080230069 Cloud computing Important Questions - All Units Srini 0 2,321 03-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Srini
  ELECTRIC CIRCUITS AND ELECTRON DEVICES - Two Marks Important Questions Srini 4 6,254 25-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Last Post: pujimani
  ME2352 Design Transmission Systems 2 marks with answer - Rdx Rdx 7 6,723 28-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: V SIVA

DERROCHE 2K15 - 7th National level Technical Symposium - Sri Sairam Engineering College

Subscribe

Recommend on Google

Latest Threads
-> Anna University April May 2015 Examination Photocopy - Reg
Forum : Anna University Exam Cell
Last Post : Srini
-> Anna University April May June 2015 Last Date for Applying Revaluation
Forum : Anna University Exam Cell
Last Post : Aravindhan Manogaran
-> Environmental Studies Previous Year Question Paper One Mark Question with Answer...
Forum : Computer Science Engineering Study Materials
-> Happy friendship day V+ wishes
Forum : General Chat
-> MU (F) 38 Urdu (Paper-VIII) Arabic language and Literature
Forum : University Of Mysore Question Paper
-> MU (F) 40 Urdu (Paper- X) (Elective II) Dakhni Language and Literature May/ June...
-> MSO (P) 84 Course-IV Social Problems : Then and Now May/June 2011 Question paper
-> MSO (P) 83 Course -III Research methods and statistics May/June 2011 Question pa...
-> MSO (P) 82 Course -II Social Statics and Social Dynamics May/June 2011 Question ...
-> MSO (F) 88 Course -VIII Education, Health and Society May/June 2011 Question pap...
-> MSO (P) 85 Course -V Study of Majority and Minority Groups May/June 2011 Questio...
-> MSO (P) 81 Course -I Theories and Thinkers in Sociology MAY/June 2011 Question p...
-> MSO (F) 90 Course -X Polity, Economy and Society May/June 2011 Question paper
-> MSO (F) 89 Course -IX Social Movements in India May/June 2011 Question paper
-> MSO (F) 87 Course -VII Industrial Sociology May/June 2011 Question paper