02-11-2012, 06:41 PM
M.C.A DEGREE EXAMINATIONS,NOVEMBER/DECEMBER2009.
Time: Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A-(10*2=20 marks)
1.List out the four fundamental process activeties.
2.State the objectives of Throw-away prototyping.
3.What are deliverables?Give examples.
4.Use-cases are better than flow chart in understanding the user requirements-
5.Define the tearm Component.
6.What is Refinement?
7.State what Functional testing is not concerned with,and what is concerned
8.What is validation plan?
9.What is a software test plan?Discuss.
10.Relate defects and quality.
PART B-(5*16=80 marks)
11. (a) "The details of the project plan vary depending on the type of project and organization".List out and discuss the details that will be contained in almost all plans. (16)
11. (b) Perform a comparitive study between the Water Fall Model and Spiral Model. (16)
12. (a) Prepare a Software Requirements Specification document for a Library Management System.State the problem definition,Business Rules and any assumptions you make. (16)
12. (b) Develop a Use Case diagram for a Library Management Syetem.State the problem Definition,Business Rules and any assumptions you make.
13. (a) (i) With relevant examples discuss the following levels of cohesion:
(1) Coincidential cohesion
(2) Logical cohesion (8)
(ii)Explain the following levels of cohesion with relevent example.
(2)Procedural cohesion. (8)
13. (b) (i) With relevant example discuss the following levels of coupling:
(2)Control coupling (8)
(ii)With a relevant example discuss the following levels of coupling:
(2)Data coupling (8)
14. (a) Describe various White Box Testing Techniques.
14. (b) Discuss the following Testing Techniques:
(i) Integration Testing (8)
(ii) Alpha Testing (4)
(iii) Beta Testing. (4)
15. (a) (i) What is Software Configuration Management?Justify the need for Software Configuration Management. (8)
(ii)List and discuss the various Software Configuration items. (8)
15. (b) What is software quality assurance?List and discuss the various software quality assurance standards. (16)
“Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise...”