04-11-2012, 07:40 PM
B.E/B.TECH. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2009
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
CS 1353 -- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
TIME: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM:100 MARKS
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
PART A--(10*2=20 MARKS)
1. List the advantage of using Waterfall model instead of adhoc build and fix model.
2. How does "Project Risk" factor affect the spiral model of software development?
3. List out the requirements engineering.
4. What are the linkages between data flow and ER diagrams?
5. What is modularity?
6. If a module has logical cohesion what kind of coupling is this module likely to have with
7. What is the difference between alpha and beta testing?
8. Will the exhaustive testing guarantee that the program is 100% correct?
9. What are the various activities during software project planning?
10.What are the risk management activities?
PART B --(5*16=80 MARKS)
11. (a) (i) What do you understand by the term software development life cycle?
(ii) Why is it important to adhere to the life cycle model while
developing a large software product?
(iii)Explain the different models of Software development Life Cycle.
(b) (i) Discuss the selection process parameters for a life cycle model.
(ii)As you move outward along with process flow path of the spiral
model what can we say about the software that is being developed
12. (a) What are the crucial process steps of requirements engineering?
Discuss with the help of a diagram.
(b) Consider the problem of railway reservation system and design the
(i) Problem statement.
(ii) Use case diagram.
13. (a) (i) Discuss the differences between object oriented and function
oriented design with examples.
(ii) Why documents should be produced on completion of design phase?
(b) Explain coupling and cohesion with examples.
14. (a) Briefly discuss the following:
(i) Test case design Test and Test Suite.
(ii) Verification and Validation.
(iii) Alpha beta and Acceptance testing.
(b) What are the various kinds of functional testing?
Describe any one in detail.
15. (a) Compute the function point FP for a payroll program
that reads a file of employees and a file of information
for the current month and prints cheques for all the
employees. The program is capable of handling an interactive
command to print an individually requested cheque immediately.
(b) Explain COCOMO Model in detail. What types of
categories of projects are identified?
“Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise...”