12-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Department of Information Technology
Year : 4th
Sem : 8th
Subject code : IT1006
Subject Title : ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL/MAY 2010.
Time: Three hours Maximum:100 marks
Answer ALL Questions.
PART A- (10 X 2= 20 marks)
1. Why is ERP important to a company?
2. List the two advantages of SCM.
3. Mention three risks of ERP.
4. What is the difference between verification and discovery in data mining.
5. What is general ledger?
6. What is just- in- time manufacturing?
7. List any four ERP softwares.
8. What is verticalization and localization.
9. What is TQM?
10. What are the new markets for ERP?
PART B- (5 X 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain the technologies related to ERP. (16 Marks)
(b) Explain Data warehousing in detail. (16 Marks)
12. (a) Explain the role of vendors and consultants in ERP implementation. (16 Marks)
(b) Discuss the ERP implementation methodologies. (16 Marks)
13. (a) Explain the various sales and distribution sub- systems. (16 Marks)
(b) Discuss the materials management business module. (16 Marks)
14. (a) Describe the benefits of using SAP AG ERP software in detail. (16 Marks)
(b) Explain the features of Peoplesoft ERP software in detail. (16 Marks)
15. (a) Explain the roles of ERP and E- business in optimizing a company's performance. (16 Marks)
(b) Explain the benefits obtained by effective use of TQM in ERP implementation. (16 Marks)
“Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise...”