29-11-2012, 05:42 PM
CS2411 - Operating Systems
Important 2 marks questions
UNIT (I-V)1. List down the functions of operating systems.
2. What is the main advantage of multiprogramming
3. Mention the objectives and functions of an operating system.
4. Define Process control block
5. What is a deadlock?
6. What is a semaphore? State the two parameters.
7. What are the five major categories of system calls?
8. Which are the criteria used for CPU scheduling?
9. What do you mean by best fit and worst fit?
10. Define race condition.
11. What is meant by thrashing? Give an example.
12. Define TLB
13. What is the content of a typical file control block?
14. Mention the objectives of file management system.
15. What is a file? List some operations on it.
16. What are the various file accessing methods?
17. What is rotational latency?
18. In the context of disk scheduling. Define seek time
#Praise the creator not the creations#