11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Tired of the long wait when you shut down your computer? Here's a registry
trick that solves that problem without making you unplug your machine
Here's what you can do to quickly shutdown Windows XP:
1. Start > run > and type ''regedit''
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SYSTEM/ CurrentControlSet/ Control
3. Left click on control and you find WaitToKillServiceTimeout.
4. Double click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout.
5. In WaitToKillServiceTimeout, you'll notice that it's 20000 which means 20
seconds. If u want to shutdown windows faster, then change the numbers into
something smaller, like 10000 or 5000 (10 sec or 5 sec) or if u want to prolong
shutdown, just type a larger value, like 50000 (50sec)
#Praise the creator not the creations#