There is currently a virus spreading through Java, most likely Java 7.
I disabled and uninstalled my Java just to be safe .
What is the problem now?
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security urged computer users to disable Oracle Corp’s Java software, amplifying security experts’ prior warnings to the hundreds of millions of consumers and businesses that use it to surf the Web.
Hackers have figured out a way to exploit Java to install malicious software enabling them to commit crimes ranging from identity theft to making an infected computer part of an ad-hoc network of computers that can be used to attack websites.
Quote:The latest Java version, Java 7 Update 10 contains a critical security vulnerability which is reportedly already being used for large scale cyberattacks. Users who have Java installed on their computers should deactivate the Java plugin in their browsers without delay.
A malware researcher calling himself kafeine has discovered an online exploit which makes use of a previously unknown Java vulnerability. Security experts at AlienVault have analysed the exploit and confirmed the significance of the find. They were able to use it to inject code onto a fully patched Windows system running Java 7 Update 10. It is currently unclear whether the vulnerability is also present in Java 6, though the exploit did not work in initial tests on Java 6 carried out by kafeine.
What action done by the virus?
Simply visiting an infected web site is all that's required to fall victim to a malware infection. The attack code may also be hosted on mainstream web sites.
1. All the files and folders(in Removal disk) appears like shortcut!
2. Actually.,It is the metamorphic virus type.so the scanning and finding the virus is not possible , Whether if you have a good Anti-virus.
3. It stops the normal execution of the installed application. So you wont to run the apps properly!
How to escape from virus temporarily?
These are my suggestion to escape from this virus temporarily.
1. Navigate to START MENU->ALL PROGRAMS->STARTUP FOLDER check whether is there any *.js files ., If found restart your system and enter into SAFEMODE, then only you able to stop the virus.
2. goto RUN->MSCONFIG-> you will see the STARTUP tab ., and uncheck the *.js files., now you will see the location of that file., goto the location and also delete that files too.
3. goto CONTROL PANEL->JAVA-> in General tab u will see the "TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES->SETTINGS->DELETE FILES->ok"
Thats all. The above suggestion is my opinion on delete the virus. Wrong navigation of your mistake will delete the file system too. So becareful!
"Learning By Sharing" - Thanks for visit!