November/December 2013 Examinations
EE2201 Measurements and Instrumentation
University : Anna University
Regulation : 2008/2010
Department : Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Year : 02 (II)
Semester : 03
Subject : EE2201 - Measurements and Instrumentation
Subject Code : EE2201
Type : PDF
No. of Pages : 03
Content : Anna University Question Paper of EE2201 Measurements and Instrumentation Question Paper of Electrical and Electronics Engineering for semester 03, November/December 2013 Examinations.
Question Paper Code : 31391
B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2013.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE 2201/EE 33/EI 1202/10133 EE 302/080280016 - MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION
(Common to PTEE 2201 - Measurements and Instrumentation for B.E. (Part-Time) Third Semester Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Regulation 2009)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define the terms precision and sensitivity.
2. What is the significance of calibration?
3. Write any four types of analog ammeter used for instrumentation.
4. What are the different methods used for frequency measurement in power frequency range?
5. What are the applications of potentiometers?
6. What are the sources of Electromagnetic interference?
7. Distinguish between LED and LCD.
8. What are the functions of data logger?
9. What are the factors to be considered for selection of transducers?
10. Mention any four types of Analog to Digital convertor?
PART B - (5 x 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Describe the functional elements of an instrument with a block diagram and draw the static and dynamic characteristics. (16)
11. (b) A circuit was tuned for resonance by eight different students and the value of resonant frequency in KHz were recorded as 532, 548, 543, 535, 546, 531, 543 and 536. Calculate
(i) Arithmetic mean.
(iii) Average deviation.
(iv) Standard deviation. (16)
12. (a) Describe the construction and working of permanent magnet moving coil instrument. Also derive the expression for deflection. (16)
12. (b) Write short notes on :
(i) Current transformer. (8)
(ii) Weston frequency meter. (8)
13. (a) Explain how the inductance is measured in terms of known capacitance using Maxwell’s bridge. Derive the conditions for balance. (16)
13. (b) Explain the following :
(i) Grounding techniques. (8)
(ii) Causes of Electromagnetic measurements in measurements. (8)
14. (a) With neat diagram, explain the basic components and working principle of magnetic tape recorder. (16)
14. (b) With the help of the fundamental block diagram, explain the working principle of digital storage oscilloscope, mention its advantages over analog CRO? (16)
15. (a) Explain the construction and working principle of linear variable differential transformer (LVDT). (16)
15. (b) (i) What is data acquisition system? With generalized block diagram, explain the functions of it. (10)
(ii) Write short notes on smart sensors. (6)
EE2201-Measurements-and-Instrumentation-Nov-Dec-2013-Question-Paper.pdf (Size: 52.06 KB / Downloads: 1,815)
Somesh - V+ Team Junior Moderator - Want for other subjects also? CLICK HERE