Full Name :ANBAZHAGAN.S
College Name :Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
Department :Aeronautical Engineering
Referred by VCA :Anboo AE (ANBAZHAGAN S)
“ONLINE EDUCATION - DOES IT REALLY HELP?"
It is necessary to discuss this topic because in this modern era as everything is changing in its way and goes easier and faster in its processes but in case of education understanding is the main thing that can’t be achieved just like machines and robots. Online education is very much useful from my point of view, let us discuss some of the advantages of online education so that main features can be brought out from our thoughts.
1. Education and Learning in the palms & laps: Laptop and Mobile phones became a part of modern students just like cloths and footwear, so many education and learning applications in those technology devices creates more involvement and interaction towards learning
2. Education becomes cheaper and more reliable/flexible for peoples of different IQ levels: Simplified documents for Fast learners and brief/explanatory documents for slow learners. Online books and downloadable PDF books helps to save cost of buying books from market.
3. Learning through multimedia: Picturing the concepts helps complete learning and understanding, so VIDEOS, PICTURES, AUDIO form of lectures from internet is very much useful to understand different areas of education
4. Easy to get notified about jobs and education courses: Simple subscription is enough to get notification from the websites about job interviews and vacancies, this can also notify education courses commencing in different areas of knowledge.
5. More interaction and greater ability to concentrate: Online courses offer shy or more reticent students the opportunity to participate in class discussions or chats with more ease than face-to-face class sessions. Some students even report that online courses are easier to concentrate in because they are not distracted by other students and classroom activity.
6. Provides an environment to Improve your technical skills: Even the most basic online course requires the development of new computer skills.. The skills students learn to participate in their online courses translate to many professions, including creating and sharing documents, incorporating audio/video materials into your assignments, completing online training sessions, etc.
7. More comfortable learning environment: There are no physical class sessions. Lectures and other materials are electronically sent to the student, who will then read them and complete assignments. Students will not have to fight traffic, find parking spaces, leave work early to go to class, or miss important family time.
8. Variety of programs and courses: From traditional four-year universities to completely online career colleges, higher education today offers a variety of options for students. This means that no matter what students wish to study, from nursing to neuroscience, they can find online the courses or degree programs they need. They can also earn every academic degree online, all the way from a career certificate to a doctorate.
9. Convenience in studies and learning: Online courses give students the opportunity to plan their study time around the rest of their day, instead of the other way around. Students can study and work when they are at their peak energy, whether that’s early morning or late at night. Course material is always accessible online, so there’s no need to schedule special trips to a library either. All of this makes online learning a good option for students who need to balance their work and family commitments.
10. Advancement in career: Students can take online courses and even complete entire degrees while working, while in-between jobs, or while taking time to raise a family. This academic work will explain any discontinuity or gaps in a resume as well. Also, earning a degree can show prospective employers that you are ambitious and want to remain informed and prepared for any new challenges.
11. Continue in your profession while studying: Even if someone wants to complete a degree program, it doesn’t mean that they want to leave their current job. For most students today, college costs mean that it’s necessary to continue working while in school. The previously mentioned flexibility of online degree programs enable students to keep working while also pursuing academic credentials.
12. Avoid commuting: During weather problems and rain, colleges may cancel classes; if they don’t, you get the risk of getting hurt in dangerous driving conditions. Rather than miss important class sessions, students in online courses can always attending actively by participating on discussion boards or in chat sessions, turn in their work on time, and watch lectures or read materials.
13. Easy cash transfer for fees and application registrations: College students who want to attend summer classes, but who live too far from their colleges or have to work summer jobs, taking online classes from an accredited college and transferring the credits to their primary college is a good idea.
These are just a few of the many advantages of online classes and internet usage in education advancement. Students in online degree programs are able to manage their time, learn the materials that are presented, and complete assignments on their own schedules.